Skip to content

Fireworks & Adel’s Code

Posted: June 30, 2017

While the Iowa Code was recently changed regarding the use and sale of fireworks, provisions in the City of Adel’s Code of Ordinances still apply.

Regarding the use of fireworks within City limits, approval from the Adel City Council is required along with evidence of insurance.

Currently, licensed sellers with the State may sell fireworks within City limits. If sellers are operating out of anything other than a permanent building, they will need to obtain a transient merchant permit at Adel City Hall.

Please have a safe and happy 4th!