All 8/27/20 Updates Are Italicized
Latest News (updated 8/27/20)
- The governor’s latest proclamation encourages the use of masks or face coverings throughout the State and includes specific guidance and restrictions for establishments in Dallas and Polk counties. Please review the full proclamation for further details.
- Please review the updated Adel City Hall COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines. City Hall remains in “Phase One” (i.e., appointments only) until further notice.
- Additional updates on City buildings and services can be found below.
News & Resources (updated 6/1/20)
- Iowa Housing Recovery Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Report COVID-19 Fraud and Scams
- Iowa COVID-19 Information
- Iowa Office of the Governor
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Dallas County Health Department
- Dallas County has a list of its impacted County services and offices
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Iowa Legal Aid: (800) 332-0419
- Refugee Alliance of Central Iowa
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Rumor Control from FEMA
- IRS Tax Information
- Iowa Department of Revenue Tax Information
- Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health America
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233
- ISU Extension Iowa Concern: (800) 447-1985
- National Suicide Prevention: (800) 273-8255
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Text NAMI to 741741
- Parent Helpline: (855) 427-2736
- Heart of Iowa Community Services
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration: (800) 662-4357
- Your Life Iowa: (855) 581-8111
Business Resources (updated 7/17/20)
- Iowa Economic Development Authority’s Shop Iowa Initiative for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Outbreak Guidance For Businesses
- Iowa Economic Development Authority’s Business Recovery Assistance for employers and employees
- Greater Des Moines Partnership Rapid Response Hub for employers and employees
- Iowa Workforce Development for COVID-19 layoffs for employees and employers
- ISU Resources for Manufacturers
Governor’s Actions (updated 8/27/20)
Governor Kim Reynolds has taken several actions, including:
- Proclamation Continuing State Public Health Emergency Declaration, Ordering Additional Mitigation Efforts For Six Counties Including Dallas and Polk (issued 8/27/20)
- Proclamation Continuing State Public Health Emergency Declaration (issued 8/21/20)
- Proclamation Continuing State Public Health Emergency Declaration (issued 7/24/20)
- Proclamation Continuing State Public Health Emergency Declaration (issued 6/25/20)
City of Adel Operational Changes & Efforts (updated 7/24/20)
- Please click here to review the updated Adel City Hall COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines.
- City Hall is currently in Phase One (i.e., Appointment Only) until further notice and will reevaluate every Friday.
- The Adel Public Library is reopening in stages. Please visit www.adelpl.org or follow the library’s Facebook page for further updates.
- The Adel Family Aquatic Center began some services on June 22. Please visit the pool’s Facebook page for further updates.
- The Parks & Recreation Department began scheduling recreation programs in early June and has reopened playgrounds and bathrooms. Please visit the department’s Facebook page for further updates.
- The City has rescheduled the annual Garage Sales, “Spring” Cleanup, and Household Hazardous Waste Collection events as follows (more details will be provided at a later date):
- Saturday, August 15: Citywide Garage Sales
- Saturday, August 22: “Spring” Cleanup and Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- The City still provides for bulk collection (i.e., large items that do not fit in your bin) with your regular weekly garbage service.
- If your item is an appliance, an appliance sticker must be purchased. Please contact Adel City Hall to arrange this.
- If you have lengthy items (e.g., siding, trim), please cut these items into 4-foot lengths.
- The Water Department has begun phasing in late fees and water meter shutoffs in July and August.
- The City’s Temporary Burn Ban has been lifted.
- However, the City respectfully suggests refraining from burning leaves or wet rubbish to assist in maintaining local air quality during the remainder of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please review the Adel City Council agendas to learn how to access the meetings electronically.
- Pet license registration deadlines have been extended through June 30, 2020.
- The City of Adel Public Safety Building has closed access to the public amid COVID-19 concerns until further notice. The Adel Police Department continues to take calls for service and is taking extra precautions to increase safety. If you need to speak to an officer, please call Dallas County Dispatch at (515) 993-4567. In an emergency, always call 9-1-1.
- The City has been in contact with other utilities and providers such as Ankeny Sanitation, Xenia Rural Water, MidAmerican Energy, Mediacom, and Centurylink. All entities have emergency or contingency plans in place to maintain service levels for homes and businesses.
- We strongly recommend conducting business with the City over-the-phone or online. City utility payments should be made online or over-the-phone at (866)229-7831, as those transaction fees are temporarily waived.
We recognize that these measures and others being taken throughout the state and country are disruptive.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we move forward.
This post will be updated as further information becomes available.