Updated Progress On New Water Treatment Plant
Since the June 2020 update, most of the construction progress on the City’s new Water Treatment Plant has occurred indoors.
- The project is still tentatively on track for Spring 2021, but at least one pumping component is delayed overseas due to COVID-19.
Please review the gallery below for the latest progress, and click here to look at the updates from June.
Seven major water projects totaling approximately $24.87 million are in various stages of progress as of September 2020:
- New Water Treatment Plant (under construction)
- New Raw Water Transmission Main (completed summer 2020)
- Water Main Replacements on Rapids Street and Bryan Street (complete)
- Two New Wells (some work completed summer 2020)
- New Ground Storage Reservoir (under construction)
- New High Zone Water Main (securing easements)
- New High Service Pump (designing)
The City has worked closely with USDA Rural Development, which has provided highly competitive loans, historically low financing rates, and approximately $3.5 million in grant funds.
As of September 14, the Water Warning has been rescinded.
However, the Water Watch that was issued on July 7 is still in effect.
To avoid another Warning, please continue to take reasonable steps to limit your watering:
- Even-numbered houses should water on even-numbered days only, and odd-numbered houses on odd-numbered days only.
- Using this irrigation schedule, water your lawn between 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. only.
Utility Rate Adjustments Begin With Bills Due October 20th
Water, Sanitary Sewer, and Garbage rates will change with the City utility bills due on October 20.
- Storm Sewer and Recycling rates will remain the same.
- The CWI and CSI debt surcharges have been discontinued.
Please Note: Some customers within Adel’s city limits are served by Xenia Rural Water District, which is a separate utility and water system.