The City of Adel is now accepting applications for the non-exempt position of Street Laborer.
This full-time position reports directly to the Street Superintendent in the Public Works Department.
- The Street Laborer performs a variety of basic and semi-skilled work in the operation and maintenance of the City’s streets, sidewalks, forestry, and other public areas.
- The incumbent will also work on special projects and in conjunction with other City departments, including assisting the Public Works Department as needed with tasks such as snow removal and emergency response, among others.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
Prior related experience in a municipal or private setting is preferred.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within three months a Class B Driver’s License.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within six months a pesticide applicator’s license.
- Information via appointment can be provided at Adel City Hall or at the office of the Public Works Director.
The starting annualized salary range is $41,000 to $43,000 DOQ.
- The City offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance and retirement through the State of Iowa (IPERS).
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a City application to Anthony Brown, City Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Adel City Hall, 301 S. 10th Street, Adel, IA 50003.
- The initial application deadline is Friday, March 26, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
- This position will remain open until it has been filled.
- If you applied for this opening in 2020, you must reapply.
- For more information, please contact Adel City Hall or see the job posting for complete details.