The City of Adel is accepting applications for the non-exempt position of Temporary Part-Time Front Desk Assistant.
This temporary, part-time position reports directly to the Finance Director at Adel City Hall.
- The position will perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks to assist in City Hall’s operations.
- This work will include assisting customers and residents over-the-phone, in-person, and with utility bill payments.
- Other duties may be assigned in coordination with the Finance Director and the Accounting Clerk.
- Prior office or clerical work is preferred, including work answering phones and assisting with walk-in customers.
Information on the types of duties expected for this temporary position may be obtained by contacting Finance Director Brittany Sandquist at (515) 993-4525 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If information about the position is needed in-person, an appointment may be arranged at Adel City Hall, 301 S. 10th Street, Adel, IA 50003. Access may be limited due to COVID-19.
The temporary position could last into the summer of 2021, but the exact timeline may vary significantly depending on several factors.
- The position will offer at least 20 hours of work per week (i.e., Monday – Friday, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.), though the exact schedule may be flexible and up to 30 hours per week may be available.
- The hourly wage for this position is $11.00 to $15.00 per hour DOQ. Participation in the IPERS retirement plan may be applicable depending on the number of months in the position.
Interested applicants must submit an application beginning Wednesday, February 17, 2021. Interviews may be scheduled as applications are submitted. Applications should be submitted to Adel City Hall or via email to email@example.com
- The temporary position will remain open until filled.
- For more information, please contact Brittany Sandquist.