The City of Adel is now accepting applications for the non-exempt position of Water Superintendent.
The Water Superintendent is responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of all City water related systems, including the Water Treatment Plant and the Water Distribution System.
- The incumbent will be responsible for assigning, directing, and coordinating work among front-line personnel.
- The incumbent will spend a majority of time performing administrative and supervisory functions, but participation in operations, maintenance, and other activities will be required as needed.
- The incumbent will also work on special projects and in conjunction with other City departments, including assisting the Public Works Department with snow removal, emergency response, and other tasks. Some evening and weekend work is required.
Since early 2019, the City has had seven major Water projects totaling approximately $25 million in various stages of progress. As the new Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Treatment Plant has been fully operational since 2021, experience with RO Treatment is preferred.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within six (6) months a Grade III (3) Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate and a Grade II (2) Water Distribution Certificate issued by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within six (6) months a Class B Driver’s License.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the operation of a Water System or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The annual salary range for this position is $65,000 to $75,000, with a starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The City offers a comprehensive benefit package including State of Iowa retirement.
- Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a City application to Anthony Brown, City Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Adel City Hall, 301 S 10th Street, Adel, IA 50003.
- This job posting will remain open until filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
An initial review of candidates will be completed on Wednesday, May 11, 2022, with interviews being scheduled shortly thereafter.
- For more details about this opportunity, please contact (515) 993-4525 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Adel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.