Skip to content

Peddler, Solicitor, Transient Merchant License Application

To apply for a Peddler, Solicitor, and Transient Merchant License, please review the City of Adel Code pertaining to Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants: Chapter 122 – Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants Ordinance. See additional helpful notes below:

  • Council approval is required for anyone using the public streets for business purposes.
  • Please Note: There is a minimum waiting period of three business days, as the application materials need to be reviewed by several departments.
  • Items needed for each License application:
    • a copy of a government issued ID to upload
    • Iowa Sales Tax Permit Number (or letter from Dept. of Revenue)
    • Federal Tax ID Number
    • Criminal History Background Check dated within the last 30 days (if none available please fill out this DCI Background Check Request Form and email to
    • For a Transient Merchant’s License: proof of bond with the Secretary of State (Miscellaneous Filing Information (

Choose below the online license application that corresponds with the type of license you are needing to obtain. Additional information is provided at the top of each application, including license fees and bond information:

Peddler’s License

Solicitor’s License

Transient Merchant’s License

Please contact Adel City Hall at (515) 993-4525 or Administrative Clerk Sarah Hauser at with any questions. If a printable application is more suitable to fill out and return to City Hall, here are the downloadable printable pdf versions: Peddler License Application, Solicitor License Application, Transient Merchant License Application