Peddler, Solicitor, Transient Merchant License Application
To apply for a Peddler, Solicitor, and Transient Merchant License, please review the City of Adel Code pertaining to Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants: Chapter 122 – Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants Ordinance. See additional helpful notes below:
- Food Trucks operating within Adel’s city limits are required to obtain a Transient Merchant’s License.
- Council approval is required for anyone using the public streets for business purposes.
- Please Note: There is a minimum waiting period of three business days, as the application materials need to be reviewed by several departments.
- Items needed for each License application:
- a copy of a government issued ID to upload
- Iowa Sales Tax Permit Number (or letter from Dept. of Revenue)
- Federal Tax ID Number
- Criminal History Background Check dated within the last 30 days (if none available please fill out this Criminal History Background Check Request Form and email to email@example.com)
- For a Transient Merchant’s License: proof of bond with the Secretary of State (Miscellaneous Filing Information (iowa.gov))
Choose below the online license application that corresponds with the type of license you are needing to obtain. Additional information is provided at the top of each application, including license fees and bond information:
Transient Merchant’s License
Please contact Adel City Hall at (515) 993-4525 or City Clerk Carrie Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. If a printable application is more suitable to fill out and return to City Hall, here are the downloadable printable pdf versions: Peddler License Application, Solicitor License Application, Transient Merchant License Application