While some have experience and different parts of the country have more roundabouts, it is understood that not everyone has experience navigating roundabouts. Of course this can be true of most traffic situations in one’s lifetime (i.e. no experience driving multilane freeway such as I-235, etc.), it is well understood, that like other communities, an effort to educate local citizens will be required.
- Iowa DOT: https://iowadot.gov/traffic/roundabouts/Roundabout-Demonstrations
- City of Coralville: http://www.coralville.org/764/Roundabouts
- City of Johnston: http://www.cityofjohnston.com/603/Roundabouts
- State of Missouri: https://youtu.be/X0RcTWEBtYM
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: https://youtu.be/1DJDjaa25Co
- Regarding large trucks & loads: https://youtu.be/jGM8UGfgeMg
Iowa students as well are currently educated in the Iowa DOT Drivers Training Manual on roundabouts — see page 40 in the manual.