The City of Adel has contracted with AccuJet of Perry, IA, to complete Annual Sanitary Sewer Cleaning-. During the dates listed below sanitary sewer cleaning of the City’s sewer collection system in your area will take place. This cleaning and inspection is necessary in order to evaluate the sanitary sewer.
Date that work is expected to begin:
Approximate Completion Date:
- Water and drains may be used as normal.
- You most likely will not even notice that any work is being performed.
- On very rare occasions your house may be affected as follows;
Sewer lines can develop air pressure or a partial vacuum from the cleaning process. Usually any excess air pressure or vacuum will dissipate through your plumbing vents, but occasionally there are homes with inadequate plumbing vents (no vents, undersized vents or obstructed vents). In the case of inadequate venting air pressure could escape through your toilet, floor, sink, tub or shower drains causing water splash out or, a vacuum could draw the water out of your fixture traps causing an unpleasant odor. To guard against this possibility please:
- Cover all floor drains with plastic and place weight on the plastic.
- Cover all toilets with plastic and close lid on the plastic.
- If you should experience an unpleasant odor, run water into each drain to re-fill the traps.
Thank you for your cooperation, our apologies for this inconvenience.
For additional information please call:
Izzy Baltazar ACCUJET LLC (515)745-9969