City Hall houses the offices of the City Administrator, City Clerk, Finance Director, Utility Billing, Parks & Recreation Department and Zoning & Code Compliance.
At City Hall, you can:
• Pay your water bill
• Sign up for new water service
• Get zoning information
• Get building permits
• Obtain a solicitor’s permit
• Reserve park shelters
• Sign up for City recreation programs
• Obtain a pet license
You can also view and print application forms before you come to City Hall: City of Adel Permits and Forms – Adel, Iowa (adeliowa.org)
Adel City Hall
301 S. 10th Street
PO Box 248
Adel, IA 50003
Phone: (515) 993-4525
Fax: (515) 993-4527
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Forms of Payment Accepted: Cash, checks, and credit/debit cards.
Adel is home to just over 6,000 people. We are located in Dallas County, Iowa about 13 miles West of the intersection of Interstate 80 and Interstate 35.
Adel has been a community since 1847, growing with pride, to be the community it is today.
Adel is one of a few towns in Iowa with brick streets paving the downtown area. Our brick streets connect us to our past much like this website connects us to our future.
Welcome to Adel, Iowa. We’re glad you came to visit and we hope you enjoy this site. Please let us know what you think along with any suggestions of things you’d like to see on this site by contacting us or by calling Adel City Hall at (515) 993-4525
Home Base Iowa Community
The City of Adel is proud to be a Home Base Iowa Community (HBI), which it has been since 2020.
The HBI program links community resources with veterans and their families.
Specific incentives in Adel include:
- Annual $100.00 credit to the City’s Parks & Recreation programming.
- Free one-year membership to the American Legion Post 464.
- Free one-year individual membership to the Adel Partners Chamber of Commerce.
- Free community tour or welcome meeting with elected officials and community leaders.
- Free lunch at one Adel Rotary Club meeting.
- Waiver of fence, shed, or deck permit fees (applications still required)
- Annual waiver of pet registration fees (licensing still required)
Scenic Parks and Trails
Adel has several parks and trails to enjoy the outdoors. Visit our City parks to learn more or to reserve a shelter.
When the weather is warm, it’s a great time to bring the whole family to the Adel Family Aquatic Center.
Enjoy Our History
Adel is rich with history. Visit our historic downtown and the Adel Historical Museum.